Hospital Caterers Association (HCA), announces shortlist for annual awards.
The awards recognise outstanding commitment and dedication in healthcare catering and patient service. It inspires and encourages professional excellence across catering services covered by HCA members.This year’s competition features the new National Leadership Excellence award, which was created to champion and celebrate leaders within the industry.
Craig Smith, Chair of the HCA commented: “We are always so impressed by the calibre of the entries. This year we found it particularly difficult to choose from so many great nominees, so I want to say a huge congratulations to our finalists.”
Catering Service of the Year (sponsored by NH Case):
- Deborah McNeil for Acute Catering South Eastern Trust
- Stuart Donald for Aberdeen Royal Infirmary & Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital
- Nicola McIvor for NHS Ayrshire & Arran
Efficiency & Improvement Award (sponsored by Hefma)
- Tony O’Hara for South Eastern Trust
- Chris Neale/Nicola Strawther for Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Joe Gilbey for NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Catering Strategy Team for NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
National Leadership Excellence Award
- Mrs Karen McLaughlin for Northern Health & Social Care Trust
- Chris Neale for Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust